Meaningful Images Connecting Communities
My work helps nonprofits, small businesses, and talented individuals tell their stories through compelling and authentic photographs. Photography is my passion and I love making images that can be used with purpose and intent.Contact Now Join Mailing List or call (312) 772-4453
My office is constantly changing. I’ve worked in theaters, museums, stadiums, hotels, retail stores, schools, movie sets, and outdoors in all of the elements. I photograph fashion shows, networking events, celebrations, fundraising galas, conferences, flash mobs, a variety of other special events, and the performing arts.
My work has been seen in the New York Times, The Washington Post, American Theatre Magazine, and almost every major Chicago publication including the Chicago Tribune, The Chicago Sun-Times, Time Out Chicago, and DNAinfo.
Prior to starting my business, I worked as a front-end web designer and developer with a background in print design and video editing. In this capacity I worked with publishing companies, universities, startups, and in the healthcare space.
“Michael was a great to work with. He did a tremendous job shooting our event and delivered the images in a very timely manner. We even hired him for other jobs!” — Rubi
“These are terrific! … I am appreciative of how you also engaged with our team and guests. All had great things to say about you, your kindness, and your professionalism.” – Jeff
“I love how the photos turned out and I would love to work together again in the future. I love your style and you captured my vision perfectly.” — Kori
If you or your organization is in need of a photographer, this is how I can help.
Photography for Businesses
- Event photography for conferences, fashion shows, launch parties, fundraising galas, networking events, corporate volunteering, and other special events.
- Documenting workshops and educational programs.
- Environmental portraiture or headshots.
- Interior photography of your business.
Photography for Artists and Creators
- Environmental portraiture in your studio.
- Detail photographs of your work.
- Gallery openings.
- Behind-the-scenes photography to document your process or a production.
Photography for Theater
- Performance photography for productions, rehearsals, set construction, and script readings.
- Event photography for fundraising galas, opening nights, workshops, festivals, and other special events.
- Portrait photography of directors, playwrights, designers, staff, and actors, including character portraits.
Photography for Individuals
- Pet photography.
- Parties, celebrations, and small weddings.
- Lessons on Photoshop; HTML/CSS; basic design principles.
- Basic web design consulting, including WordPress development and maintenance, and simple SEO best practices.
- Advertisement design for print, web, and social media use.
- Simple video production for social media and online marketing.
- View my design portfolio to learn more.
“Michael was a pleasure to work with. He took direction well, even with me being remote, and made a great impression on our Chicago team. … I look forward to working with him again.” — Matt
“Michael was professional and went the extra mile to make sure we had the images we needed. We received beautiful, high-quality images that really captured the feel of the event!” — Marissa
“Thanks so much Michael, as always your photos are beautiful. I love working with you and can’t wait to continue!” – Elizabeth
Let’s work together
If you’re looking to hire a photographer, or curious to know more, please feel free to contact me. I’ll be happy to answer any questions that you may have.